Labour and Coop candiate for Herts County Council (Shephall Division)
Hello, I’m Simon Speller and I’m standing as your Labour & Co-operative candidate for the County Council’s Shephall division.
I’m now a retired University Lecturer and have lived in Shephall for nearly forty years. My wife Bridy and I have brought up our four children here, and we have seven grandchildren who all live nearby. I am passionate about supporting young people and carers of our older residents.
If elected for Shephall I will
• Walk your streets with you, to sort out any problems with litter and mess
• Campaign for clean streets and better pavements in Shephall, starting with Valley Way, Hydean Way and Shephall Way
• Work with all Shephall schools and our young people to promote the environment and awareness of climate change.
• Support residents and Shephall Residents Group with activities and events as we eventually come out of Covid lockdowns, when it is safe to do so
• Work with local groups to support our older people to be independent and feel connected with other people
As your Labour and Co-operative Party candidate I am committed to a fairer society, believing that things work best when everyone has a voice and when services are accountable to the people who use them.
My County priorities are to create streets and neighbourhoods we can be proud to live in; to support our young people at school and college as we come out of lockdowns; and to promote better joined up social and health care provision for vulnerable and older people.