- Private schools. “That is why we’ll upgrade social mobility to social justice, turning the Social Mobility Commission into the Social Justice Commission. And we will set that Commission to work on making the whole education system fairer through the integration of private schools… our very first budget will immediately close the tax loopholes used by elite private schools.”
- Sure Start Plus.
- Free nursery education for all two- to four-year-olds.
- Scrap Ofsted. “A new system of peer review will deliver school improvement, led by the experts in our schools, who can achieve more working together for the common good. And a new, independent body will ensure every provider from nursery to college delivers the education that will be the right of every citizen.”
- End the spiralling cost of school uniforms and equipment. “We will set a clear price cap, and stop the scandal of children priced out of school.”
- Establish a comprehensive, co-operative university. “Academic and vocational teaching on an equal footing. Common ownership of the production, distribution, and exchange of knowledge itself.”